Splittera can be easily converted into a protein purification tool.
The purification system takes advantage of the great affinity existing between the two domains of a ZIP's split intein to separate the protein of interest (POI) from the other proteins of the expression host. Once the POI is bound to the column, a change in the reaction conditions triggers the intein cleavage, which releases a tag-less protein without any extra amino acid.
Splittera as a purification tool:
- independent of the first amino acid of the POI
- reaches very high yields of pure protein
- fast, single step process
- universal, equivalent to the Protein A system for antibody purification
- works with proteins expressed in the most commonly used expression hosts
- works with proteins expressed as inclusion bodies
Learn more in our Splittera Protein purification flyer